If you have flammable liquids at your shop or facility, it is crucial that you store them properly. Failure to do so puts you at risk. You may have heard that majority of industrial fires is caused by negligence when it comes to properly storing or otherwise safeguarding those dangerous liquids.
But how DO you store them properly?
Well, first, they must be in their own proper containers — and that’s the responsibility of the manufacturer. But once they enter your plant, the responsibility is all yours — and what you need is the right kind of flammable liquids storage cabinet.
1) They should be made out of 18 gauge steel.
2) They should hafve double walls.
3) They should have an inch and a half of air space between the walls
4) They shouldhave vents with 2″threated fitting.
5) They must have fire baffles and caps.
6) They should be complay with OSHA regulations and NFPA Code 30.
7) They should protect flammable liquids for at LEAST 7 minutes.
The cabinets can be fondin the form of floor cabinets, stackable cabinets, tower cabinets, wall cabinets and under the counter storage cabinets.